"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."
― Benjamin Franklin
Regular wellness checkups help in the early detection of health disorders while the cure is expensive and excruciating, always followed by physical and mental distress.
According to a report by Redseer, the preventive healthcare market in India is estimated to reach $106 billion by 2022. The preventive healthcare market is consistently growing and expanding as more and more people incorporate healthy habits into their daily routine while demanding quality healthcare.
India has been dealing with significant challenges on the healthcare front but what is terrifying is the lack of attention towards the most pressing concern, the prevention of diseases.
KEY STAGES OF PREVENTIVE HEALTHCARE
Preventive healthcare is the branch of medicine that assists in the early detection or prevention of any potential health threats. Timely intervention allows patients to receive appropriate treatment while safeguarding their well-being.
Prevention activities are mainly categorized into three sections:
Primary Prevention stage: In the first stage, intervening becomes crucial before any health effects are triggered.
- Regular vaccinations
- Good eating and drinking habits
- Physical activity with a disciplined routine
Secondary Prevention stage: In the second stage, screening becomes necessary to identify a disease before signs and symptoms.
- Regular screening tests
- Tracking vitals (BP, sugar, O2, heart rate)
- Blood tests
Tertiary Prevention stage: The third stage is all about managing disease, necessary during post-diagnosis to delay or stop health complexities.
- Chronic disease control programs
Now that we have identified the three stages of the preventive activities, let’s explore the benefits of preventive healthcare on our overall well-being.
WHAT MAKES PREVENTIVE HEALTHCARE EFFECTIVE?
Preventive healthcare is an effective way to maintain long-term health as it focuses on early detection while protecting and promoting good health among individuals.
Here are some of the reasons why you should practice preventive measures?
- Early detection of diseases saves lives
- Timely prevention is necessary to avoid high medical expenses
- Early diagnosis is your best chance at effective treatment
- Preventive care avoids or reduces signs and symptoms of any illnesses
- Improves quality of life
Keeping track of your health clears the pathway to a blissful life. But one must first follow a disciplined lifestyle to stay healthy. A few simple tips can go a long way toward improving your health and wellness. Let’s have a look at those below.
TIPS FOR MAINTAINING A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
A healthy lifestyle empowers you to deal with various health ailments while keeping you fit and at reduced risk of diseases. According to WHO, a healthy lifestyle is a way of living that reduces the risk of being severely ill or dying early. Health is not just about evading a disorder; instead, it is about physical, mental, emotional and social well-being.
A healthy body and mind are highly crucial for overall wellness. So let us throw some light on some essential tips for a healthy body.
- Eat a healthy diet
- Stay active/ Regular exercise
- Relax yourself
- Get a good amount of sleep
- Make routine visits to your doctor
- Avoid contracting disorders by adopting preventive measures.
Taking preventive measures does not mean it is possible to control every medical condition. However, regularly following health guidelines and exercising precautionary measures may reduce the deadly repercussions of serious diseases or even moderate signs and symptoms.
Sometimes, many of the risk factors associated with our health are preventable, but the lack of timely action leads to physical and mental trauma or, worse, untimely death.
Too busy with your daily life, to remember all these tips. Worry no more, Maatri is here to work with you.
MAATRI, INDIA'S FIRST FAMILY PREVENTIVE HEALTHCARE PLATFORM
Maatri, India's family preventive care platform, is here to assist, encourage and guide you towards holistic health. Maatri aims to transform the healthcare ecosystem while encouraging people to prioritize health. From children to adults, Maatri provides seamless health services to all.
- Developmental milestone checklist for children to track their growth beforehand.
- Maatri's vital tracker, to record and track your key body vitals such as Blood Pressure, Sugar, Temperature etc.
- Sessions with a behavioral pediatrician to look after the child's mental growth.
- Calcium deficiency and bone mineral test at your doorstep to timely identify shortcomings in diet
- Tips from Nutritionists and dieticians to lead a healthier lifestyle. Customized health plans for you/your family.
- Cervical cancer consultations and vaccination with top experts to beat the deadly disease.
- Radiology and Pathology Services from best diagnostics and Labs in the city, At-Home lab test.
Furthermore, Maatri offers several other health services that will benefit your health while instilling healthy habits from the start while protecting you from life-threatening diseases.
With specialized and experienced health experts, Maatri has been instrumental in making preventive healthcare a priority. Maatri understands the significance of preventive healthcare and how crucial it is in our everyday life.
It’s time to take control of your health. Download the Maatri App now, as we enable you to shape your life your way.
Join the Maatri family, and take a step towards a healthier and happier tomorrow.